AStats - Garry's Mod - Achievement: Startup Millenium|
|| ||Startup Millenium
Start Garry's Mod 1000 times
|Value:||16.40 - rare|
1) Start Garry's Mod and set it to the lowest settings so your computer can still run smoothly.
| sharpeye468 ||Added: 25-2-2015|
Last change: 25-2-2015
2) C: Drive --> Program Files --> Steam --> SteamApps --> Common --> Garry's Mod
3) Create batch file called Start1.bat
set /a var=1
echo Started %var% times
set /a var+=1
Copy paste this into a notepad file, and save it as a .bat file
4) Create the second batch file called Start2.bat
timeout /t 7
taskkill /f /im "hl2.exe"
Copy paste this into a notepad file, and save it as a .bat file. NOTE: The timeout/t 7 can be changed to a lower number if Garry's mod can start and get to the menu quickly enough.
5) Save both in the Garry's Mod folder.
6) Run both of them
|Sidenote from SgtFopper (April, 10th 2013):|
This method is not working atm. A new method is in the works)
1) Create a shortcut file (GMOD.lnk) to Garry's Mod in your Steam folder along the lines of...:
E:\Steam\Steam.exe -applaunch 4000
2) Now open up Notepad (or equivalent) and create a batch file like this and save it into your Steam directory as gmod.bat:
ECHO "Starting GMod Millenium Trap"
ping -n 75 127.0.0.1 > NUL 2>&1
TASKKILL /f /im "hl2.exe"
3) Double click on the batch file and go afk for a LONG time
NOTE: Edit the ping time (the number 75 above, in seconds) to suit your PC spec - as long as you reach the main menu the counter will have gone up!